Test vs. exam

< Previous | Next >

HyphenSpider

Banned
Spanish, Spain
Hi people!

In response to the following...

and the reason i think i failed the english test was because it was hard and i dont think i answered all the question properly. ill let you know when i get my results.
can I say this??:

LoL. I'd already figured out that it was hard and you hadn't answered all the questions properly ;) xD That's usually the reason why one fails an exam isn't it? :D lol

One more question. What's the difference between test and exam? If they're the same, do you use them both equally?

Thank you very much (!)

• difficult cuss

English England
    Often a test is more of an informal situation (perhaps less important?). Ten questions at the end of a language lesson could be a test, not an exam.

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    [...]
    can I say this??:

LoL. I'd already figured out that it was hard and you hadn't answered all the questions properly ;) xD That's usually the reason why one fails an exam isn't it? :D lol

One more question. What's the difference between test and exam? If they're the same, do you use them both equally?

Thank you very much (!)
    It depends on where you intend to write this - the use of chatspeak terms such as lol and xD is not acceptable in this forum, for example. Otherwise, it is good English. I might choose to omit why in the second sentence.

Test and exam are, generally, as difficult cuss says.

Edit: I'm not surprised that whoever sent the original sentence failed the English test.

< Previous | Next >