Thanks for being such a great flatmate

celtlen01

Scotland, English (or a Scottish variant)
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to thank my Polish flatmate for being such a great flatmate.

I'd like to say something like, "Thanks for being such a great flatmate and, more importantly, a great friend. Hope you are able to live without me!!"

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• falafel

Polish
    You could say:

"Chcialbym Ci serdecznie podziekowac nie tylko za to ze jestes tak wspanialym wspollokatorem (for male) wspollokatorka (for female), ale przede wszystkim przyjacielem (m) przyjaciolka (f). Mam nadzieje ze uda Ci sie zyc beze mnie!, Bedzie mi Ciebie brak"

Hope it helps! :)

falafel

Polish
    I thought that it would be a joke too, but you asked for translation so you got it ! ;-)

Bedzie mi Ciebie brak means more or less "you will be missed", it a less strong version of "bede za Toba tesknil" - I will miss you

It must have been a really great flatmate! :)

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Hi Everyone,

I'd like to thank my Polish flatmate for being such a great flatmate.

I'd like to say something like, "Thanks for being such a great flatmate and, more importantly, a great friend. Hope you are able to live without me!!"

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    I am adding my suggestion for the last sentence:
    Mam nadzieję, że przeżyjesz beze mnie! ;)

Tom

arturolczykowski

Polish
    >Chcialbym Ci serdecznie podziekowac nie tylko za to ze jestes tak wspanialym wspollokatorem

"Chcialbym ci serdecznie podziekowac" is, imho, too formal and "high-flown" for informal "thanks".... "Wielkie dzieki" or something similar would be a better choice. Moreover, I wouldn't translate "being" as "jestes" but rather as "bycie", he/she probably isn't a flatmate any more... ...

Just my thoughts...

artur

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    You could argue from a technical point of view that they still are, but since reality often appears to be different from theory I would draw your attention to the fact that the person in question is still a great friend. ;)

Tom

< Previous | Next >