Thanks to Colonization or Thanks to the Colonization ?

easyenglish

Aveyron french
<< --- Thanks to Colonization or Thanks to the Colonization? --- >>

That is the question. I wait you answer to light my poor english....
Colonisation is a global word to design an accurate event. So, do we considerer this term like a global word whereas it is an historical fact ?
Thanks ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • easyenglish

Aveyron french
    Thanks for your help !
    The sentence is : Thanks to the COlonization, United Kingdom began to build its british Empire in the 20 th Century. The Queen Victoria extended her dominance from New-Zeland to Canada.
    Does the first sentence is correct ?

Background : I write theses sentences for a school work about english colonization. The subject was to recall an audio document with our own knowledge.
    I would underline the link between colonization and the power of the british Colonial Empire (so, using "thanks to"). But, I am not sure this sentence is correct because Colonizion is a wrong. Despite this issue, I need some help for the utilization of "the". (The colonization ? Or colonization ? ). I am french, so I can't perfectly see the difference. Please, help me !

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    First:

Thanks to the
    colonization, the United Kingdom Great Britain began to build its British Empire in the 20 th 20th Century. The Queen Victoria extended her dominance from New-Zealand to Canada.
    DoesIs the first sentence is correct ?

"The colonization of The Gold Coast brought many benefits to the natives." a specific colonization; it refers to the colonization of one country in particular.

"Colonization benefitted all the people of, what was to become, the British Empire'." - the concept of colonization; colonization in general.

< Previous | Next >