That laugh though

KhalWoof

Turkish
I usually see it on facebook comments.People say ''That Laugh though/tho-That shot though/tho''.It sounds like english slang.I want to know what it means exactly.Can you explain simply? Thanks.

• JustKate

I'm sorry to be such a bother, but we need more. If you got it from Facebook, it should be possible to give us an actual example. That is one of the rules of the forum, and the reason the rule is in place is that context is so important in determining meaning. I could guess based on what you've give us, but do you really want a guess? Or would you rather know? :)

KhalWoof

Turkish
    There was not anything else. That is only thing that I saw. As I said,i saw It as comment.I think It is probably slang.I should ask this question to people who comment.Thanks.

Last edited:

Beryl from Northallerton

British English
    I've a feeling it's an internet meme, or some form of tribal marker that acts as a badge of social inclusion - if you use it, you're hip, or cool, or in the know.

I suspect it has little else in the way of intrinsic meaning. Urban Dictionary (though) has two likely candidate definitions for this. I think it's probably the first we're looking at here.

1. "To add more unnecessary words to a sentence....'though' is not really used for much when coming at the end of an already complete sentence."

eg. What up though? When you coming over though? His fit was clean though.

4. "Said at the end of a statement as sarcasm, usually said in a different tone as the rest of the sentence. Similar to the 90's "not"."

eg. "Megan Fox is hot though." "Yeah I don't know why anyone thinks she is, toe thumbs are gross."

< Previous | Next >