that will happen/that happens

< Previous | Next >

vash-the-stampede

Spanish
Hello folks,

which is correct?

There's a little chance that it happens

or

There's a little chance that it will happen.

I really appreciate your answers in advance

• gengo

American English
    Which is correct?

There's a little chance that it happens
    or
    There's a little chance that it will happen.
    As said above, you need to tell us what you want to say in Spanish, so that we know the correct intended meaning. There is a significant difference between "a little" and "little" (the same as that between un poco and poco). Are you trying to say "Es poco probable que suceda"?

vash-the-stampede

Spanish
    As said above, you need to tell us what you want to say in Spanish, so that we know the correct intended meaning. There is a significant difference between "a little" and "little" (the same as that between un poco and poco). Are you trying to say "Es poco probable que suceda"?
    Hello Gengo,

Quiero decir:

Hay poca posibilidad de que suceda.

Context:
    friend1: I may win the lottery this year
    firend2: there's little chance that will happen/that happens/it will happen/it happens

thanks

gengo

American English
    Hay poca posibilidad de que suceda.

Context:
    friend1: I may win the lottery this year
    firend2: there's little chance that will happen/that happens/it will happen/it happens
    I would say that #1 and #3 are correct, but I think you may hear some native speakers use the others.

Note that there is a difference between #1 and #3.

there's little chance that will happen
    there's little chance that it will happen

In the first, "that" is a pronoun, and in the second, it is a conjunction. In other words, the first one translates to "eso" and the second to "que."

< Previous | Next >