That's it. The dream is over. I will always love you!

greeksaiyan

Greece, Greek
I would like to translate this sentence in japanese (but in romanji). If there is anyone who can help me, I would appreciate it.

• Flaminius

coclea mod
    日本語 / japāniski / יפנית
    Hello greeksaiyan,

....and welcome to WordReference forums! ^0^

We are all eager to help you translate the sentence but I find it somewhat intriguing. It is too short to give us enough ideas of what is expressed, who are involved, what nuances we should include in the translation.

In other words, some more information (particularly background and context) is necessary to translate your sentence with any amount of accuracy.

Looking forward to having you help us help you. :)
    Flam

greeksaiyan

Greece, Greek
    This sentence is about a love affair. It's about a man who wants a woman and tries to win her over for a long time but though she seems to respond and things look to go well, in the end she refuses to be with him. So this is what I mean with the dream that is over. Thank you for your time.

yamada

japan and japanese
    Could sort of sound sloppy, but how's my trial?
    はい、これまでよ、か。いい夢、見させてもらったぜ。あんたのことは、忘れんがね。
    hai kore made yo ka. iiyume misasete moratta ze. anta no koto wa wasuren gane.

MariposaChou

USA, English
    Could sort of sound sloppy, but how's my trial?
    はい、これまでよ、か。いい夢、見させてもらったぜ。あんたのことは、忘れんがね。
    hai kore made yo ka. iiyume misasete moratta ze. anta no koto wa wasuren gane.
    Wow. I can't understand this at all. Is this colloquial japanese?

Is 「あんたのことは、忘れんがね」 a version of 「あなたのことはわすれない」?

What's the meaning of がね at the end of the sentence you wrote?

Also, what's the implication of the particle ぜ?

jp_fr_linguaphile

English USA
    Borrowing from Yamada, I came up with this:
    いい夢が終わりだぜ。あんたのこと、忘れんがな。
    (Ii yume ga owari da ze. Anta no koto, wasuren gana.)

By the way, here's an explanation of the usage of "ze," I found on the web:
    ぜ expresses agreement, used only by men in conversations . Also sometimes used as a vulgar よ. おい、にげる ぜ - Hey, I'm getting out of here! Source: wikibooks.org

"ga ne" or "ga na" has the meaning of "...though, but..." So "anta no koto wasuren ga ne" would mean "but I won't forget you.)

< Previous | Next >