The arc of the headphones/earmuffs

Albert Schlef

Senior Member
There's an arc that connects the headphones. How is it called in English?

My problem is this:

I want to buy thermal earmuffs, but not the kind that looks like headphones. I don't know what to type in google. I thought about "earmuffs without arc", but it's doesn't quite work.
  • Copyright

    Senior Member
    American English
    My first thought was "earmuffs without the headband."

    Then I googled it to see what happened and I see "earmuffs without the band" and a surprising number of "bandless earmuffs."
    < Previous | Next >