the area between the mouth of a pit and the heap of the soil dug from that pit

Halaha

Sinhala ( Sri Lanka)
I have been looking for the word which means " the area between the mouth of a pit and the heap of the soil dug from that pit" . I came across this in a Reader's Digest article long ago with other such odd words. One of them was " aglet " which is found in dictionaries.

Best

• Halaha

Sinhala ( Sri Lanka)
    Sorry. it is not. "A berm is a mound of earth, usually engineered by humans to serve a specific purpose. Berms are among the oldest constructions made by man and have been used for centuries to contain areas, bolster defenses, aid in home construction, provide privacy, and add variation to a landscape."

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-berm.htm

Franzi

(San Francisco) English
    I have been looking for the word which means " the area between the mouth of a pit and the heap of the soil dug from that pit" . I came across this in a Reader's Digest article long ago with other such odd words. One of them was " aglet " which is found in dictionaries.
    I don't believe there is a widely-known, non-jargon word for this. What context do you want to use the word in? Is this just general curiosity or are you writing something for a particular industry?

johndot

English - England
    Are you looking for “adit”? (It doesn’t have quite the meaning you’ve described, though.)

< Previous | Next >