the bag in the picture

• Nunty

Modified
    Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    Because links can sometimes disappear, please try to describe the bag in words, too. Thanks. :)

Nunty, moderator

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    I would call that a draw-string tapestry bag.
    If I could think of a term that described the pattern, I would include it.
    And if I could think of a term that described the type of bag, that could be added too.

susanna76

Romanian
    Hi there,

It's not a drawstring bag/purse, but rather a bag with a flap. I realize it's not immediately clear from the picture. What you see in black are the fringes of the flap. The string is only used so you could wear it on your shoulder, hung low (next to your hip).

Thanks!

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Hi there,

It's not a drawstring bag/purse, but rather a bag with a flap. I realize it's not immediately clear from the picture. What you see in black are the fringes of the flap. The string is only used so you could wear it on your shoulder, hung low (next to your hip).

Thanks!
    I see now :)
    Your description is very helpful.
    I understand now why you suggested satchel, though in my mind a satchel is leather - I expect that is personal. I don't know if "satchel" would be understood consistently as a specific description for that kind of bag.

Nunty

Modified
    Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    A traditional hand-woven shoulder bag, maybe?:)
    I agree with this suggestion, perhaps adding something about the floral design woven in and mentioning the place in which it is traditional, if that is not clear from the context.

< Previous | Next >