the book-club facilitator.

Anne Frank

Russian
as Miracle Books, and she’d do anything to keep her store afloat. Almost anything, Nora thought, scooping coffee grounds into a paper filter. She hadn’t been very open to suggestions from local readers, most of whom were women looking to start a book club and use Miracle Books as their meeting place. Nora was fine with that aspect, but she’d stoutly declined when asked to serve as the book-club facilitator.

Anybody please tell me, who is facilitator in the context

• Barque

Tamil
    I suppose it'd be the person who co-ordinates the activities of the club, arranges meetings, sends out communications to members etc.

It refers to the person who facilitates the club's activities, and makes sure they happen smoothly.

Anne Frank

Russian
    I suppose it'd be the person who co-ordinates the activities of the club, arranges meetings, sends out communications to members etc.

It refers to the person who facilitates the club's activities, and makes sure they happen smoothly.
    Someone like a chair person?

Barque

Tamil
    Not exactly. A club would need a person to run it, take care of things, make sure its activities happen, make sure other members do whatever's expected of them. That's probably what's meant by "facilitator" here.

A chairperson is someone who conducts a meeting. This word needs a different context.

< Previous | Next >