The conclusions were reached at the round table discussions

Hole

Croatia - Croatian
Hi!

Could someone please tell me if this sentence is ok: "The conclusions were reached at the round table discussions in 3 regional centres on how to reach target groups – people with the lowest educational level and the unemployed, as well as on how to increase efficiency of the project and on the way to adapt adult education system to labour market needs."

It is really long and I'm not sure about the first part (the one with round table discussions). It somehow seems to me that it doesn't belong here (it would be better "The conclusions were reached on how to..."), but I had to put it somewhere, since this is a translation.

Thanks in advance!

• panjandrum

Occasional Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Does the sentence have to be passive?
    The clause "people with the lowest educational level and the unemployed" needs to have the same punctuation mark at each end. Taking into account the other essential punctuation in the sentence, I think parentheses should be used.
    Beginning with "The conclusions" suggests that you have already been discussing the conclusions. If this is not the case, you could put the bold section at the front of the sentence:
    At round table discussions in three regional centres conclusions were reached on how to reach target groups (people with the lowest educational level and the unemployed), on how to increase efficiency of the project, and on the way to adapt the adult education system to labour market needs.

I also removed "the" before round table, removed "as well as", and added "the" before "adult education system".

< Previous | Next >