the descriptive nature

< Previous | Next >

Parergon

Italiano, Italia
Given the following context, my major doubts are in blue. Does this paragraph flow well? Thanks.

First, a critical review of the literature is required. Second, considering the descriptive nature of this research, we consider the qualitative research techniques more (or mostly?) appropriate to our purposes. Therefore, we shall analysis interview and documentary data.

• Joelline

American English
    Given the following context, my major doubts are in blue. Does this paragraph flow well? Thanks.

First, a critical review of the literature is required. Second, considering the descriptive nature of this research, we examine the qualitative research techniques most appropriate to our purposes. Therefore????, we shall analysis ??? interview???? and documentary data.
    I changed the second "consider" to "examine" to avoid the repetition.
    I can't understand the final sentence at all. Do you mean, "Finally, we shall analyze, ???? (what does "interview" mean regarding data?) and document the data"?

You might want to consider writing the last sentence in Italian and asking for help translating it into English in the Italian-English forum. Then, if you feel you need to, you could come back here for stylistic help.

Giordano Bruno

English, England
    "Therefore, we shall analyse both interview and documentary data." If that is what you mean, it can be written with "both" or without "both". But the verb is "analyse".

< Previous | Next >