The full collection of Harry Potter

< Previous | Next >

EnglishBug

Chinese
Hi, guys. If I want to say I have all the Harry Porter DVDs, how should I put it? Can I say the following sentences?

"I have the full collection of Harry Porter".

"I have the full series of Harry Porter."

"I have all the Harry Porter DVDs".

Thanks.

• Copyright

American English
    If you have the full collection, you should know it's Harry Potter. :)

I have the entire collection of Harry Potter DVDs.
    I have all the Harry Potter DVDs.

Because there are Harry Potter books, you need to mention "DVDs" in your sentence so people will know what you're talking about.

teksch

English - American
    Hi, guys. If I want to say I have all the Harry Porter DVDs, how should I put it? Can I say the following sentences?

"I have the full collection of Harry Porter".

"I have the full series of Harry Porter."

"I have all the Harry Porter DVDs".

Thanks.
    I have the full collection of Harry Porter (Potter?) - No, unless Harry is a collection.

I have the full series of Harry Porter - No, same as above

I have all the Harry Porter DVDs - Yes, because here you told me what you have (DVDs) - before you only told me some information about Harry. A sentence is a complete thought. Only the last sentence is complete.

realistnotpessimist

English-US
    I have the full collection of Harry Porter (Potter?) - No, unless Harry is a collection.

I have the full series of Harry Porter - No, same as above

I have all the Harry Porter DVDs - Yes, because here you told me what you have (DVDs) - before you only told me some information about Harry. A sentence is a complete thought. Only the last sentence is complete.
    I would have to respectfully disagree. The first two sentences are in fact complete sentences; however, they do not accurately describe what the OP has. Harry Potter is neither a series (television) nor a collection (art, books, so on). You could say "collection of DVDs." The third sentence is correct.
    The first two sentences have a subject, verb, and predicate; additionally, they express complete thoughts. They are not subordinate clauses and make sense on their own.

EnglishBug

Chinese
    Thanks, guys. If I want to say that I have all the Harry Potter books, what should I say? Are the following sentences correct?
    "I have the entire collection of Harry Potter."

"I have all the Harry Potter books."

"I have the entire series of Harry Potter."

< Previous | Next >