the given email

Discussion in 'English Only' started by Sara Lee, Jan 12, 2019 at 2:08 AM.

1. Sara Lee

Sara Lee Senior Member

Chinese
    1. context: Unsubscribed
    When using the unsubscribe method, this is the text that shows when the given email address is successfully unsubscribed from the selected list(s).

What does the bold part in this sentence mean? (the given email address) I don't understand what "given" refers to here.

2. context: Not subscribed
    When using the unsubscribe method, this is the text that shows when the given email address is not on the selected list(s).

What does the bold part in this sentence mean?

If anyone could write answers in Chinese,
    then that would be much better!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 2:15 AM
  2. JulianStuart

JulianStuart Senior Member

Sonoma County CA
    English (UK then US)
    Where do you see this??? Is it in a "context" where you have entered an email address (or one has been entered on the screen based on something you did)? You know you need to give us these details :D
    (If you want answers in Chinese, you should go the Chinese forum - this is "English only" - bot questions AND and answers :)

3. Sara Lee

Sara Lee Senior Member

Chinese

The sentences are the explanations of the two titles/key words above them. I have just added them into my post.

4. JulianStuart

Sonoma County CA
    English (UK then US)
    But where did you see them?

5. Sara Lee

Sara Lee Senior Member

Chinese
    I saw them in the introduction for unsubscription on Google~

6. JulianStuart

Sonoma County CA
    English (UK then US)
    I'm sorry, that doesn't help us very much :( However, you should know that "given" has its own entry in the dictionary that might help.

7. Egmont Senior Member

Massachusetts, U.S.
    English - U.S.
    When someone (or a piece of software) submits an email address to the unsubscribe method, that email address is "the given email address."

8. Sara Lee

Sara Lee Senior Member

Chinese
    Got it, thank you so much~

The "selected list(s)" appeared in the two sentences, do you know what "selected list(s)" refers to ?
    Does it refer to the list of things they have selected or subscribed? Or does it refer to the company's subscription list of their service/goods? Or the name list of those subscribers?

9. Sara Lee

Sara Lee Senior Member

Chinese