The hardest part

< Previous | Next >

JasonNPato

USA-English
I wish to translate this into italian...

You know...it's funny...the hardest part of going through a day...is trying to leave her alone long enough for her to get her work done.
so I am sorry for that.

my poor attempt.
Lo sai....mi diverte...la parte peggia di passare un giorno e' provare a lasciarla in pace per possa fare i compiti.
Scusami per ???quello???:confused:

again...I apologize for my poor grammar...I am working on it...with all of your help. :)
Thank You,
Jason

• Fairyeli

Italy - Italian
    JasonNPato said:
    I wish to translate this into italian...

You know...it's funny...the hardest part of going through a day...is trying to leave her alone long enough for her to get her work done.
    so I am sorry for that.

my poor attempt.
    Lo sai....mi diverte...la parte peggia (peggiore) di passare un giorno e' provare a lasciarla in pace per possa fare i compiti.
    Scusami per ???quello???:confused:

again...I apologize for my poor grammar...I am working on it...with all of your help. :)
    Thank You,
    Jason
    Sai .... è divertente / strano ....la parte più difficile del trascorrere della giornata .... è provare a lasciarla sola abbastanza a lungo affinchè lei possa svolgere il suo lavoro.
    Per questo sono così dispiaciuto.

This is my version but I think it is better you wait for someone else ... my english is not very good!:p

Ciao

Alfry

Italian
    sai... è divertente.... la parte più ardua/dura nel far trascorrere la giornata la giornata ... è cercare di lasciarla da sola il tempo necessario a che lei possa fare suoi compiti/ completare i suoi lavori (whom is this "her" referring to?).
    Pertanto di ciò mi dispiace.

lsp

NY
    US, English
    Alfry said:
    sai... è divertente.... la parte più ardua/dura nel far trascorrere la giornata la giornata ... è cercare di lasciarla da sola il tempo necessario a che lei possa fare suoi compiti/ completare i suoi lavori (whom is this "her" referring to?).
    Pertanto di ciò mi dispiace.
    funny-strange; not funny-ha ha. I'd go with strano rather than divertente.

Silvia

Italian
    JasonNPato said:
    So I am sorry for that.
    Hi Jason, can you explain using other words? Or tell me what's on your mind, so that I am sure I understand correctly. Thanks

JasonNPato

USA-English
    no problem...
    My (ex) girlfriend (it's complicated =)) has a LOT of homework and things to do during the day and at night. and I feel bad, because for every free second I have, I want only to talk to her, and so, for me, the hardest part of making it through the day is not having to go to school, work, etc... it is, out of respect for her, being able to leave her alone so that she can get her work done.
    and yes...I did mean funny strange...but, because of the situation (the complicated part) it's almost amusing as well, so that is why I originally chose 'divertente'

Silvia

Italian
    Thanks Jason, now it's clear. The way it was worded, it looked like an aphorism or something like that. In particular, the fact that giornata is feminine and the pronoun "la" after it were misleading.

so I am sorry for that.

Sai, la cosa assurda è... che è difficile durante il giorno cercare di lasciarla per conto suo per darle il tempo di fare il suo lavoro e non vorrei.

Alternative per "fare il suo lavoro":
    fare i suoi lavori
    sbrigare le sue faccende
    studiare e portare a termine i suoi impegni
    ecc.

I would even add something and rephrase it (I think it's meant to be colloquial):
    Sai, quando sono libero tutto il giorno, la cosa assurda è avere un sacco di tempo per stare insieme e doverla lasciare per conto suo perché deve studiare, fare i compiti ecc. e mi ruga :eek:

(it sounds like you're talking of your girlfriend! Be sure she's not going to be a chiodo fisso :p )

P.S.: When something's assurdo or paradossale, it's a controsenso.

< Previous | Next >