the heavyset sky

< Previous | Next >

bamboo--tw

ROC/Mandarin
These days, I am consumed more with the immediate: the heavyset sky, the sitting fog, and on the horizon, a thousand new building being erected.

Hi,
How should I read "the heavyset sky?"
<< second topic deleted by moderator>>

• AngelEyes

English - United States
    These days, I am consumed more with the immediate: the heavyset sky, the sitting fog, and on the horizon, a thousand new building being erected.
    Hi,
    How should I read "the heavyset sky?"
    By the way, is it all right to say "the instant//the momentary" instead of "the immediate?" Thanks.
    To me, a heavy-set sky has thick clouds that hang low in the sky. They're so thick, they look heavy and seem to push down on my head.

Fog doesn't sit in the air, in my mind. It hovers and meanders in a misty movement. If it's a thick, heavy fog, it blankets the air with a vaporous veil.

I don't understand your other question clearly enough to give an answer.

My first instinct is to say all those words are different somewhat.

AngelEyes

bamboo--tw

ROC/Mandarin
    Thank you AngelEyes.
    The other question is whether "the immediate" amounts to "the instant" and "the momentary."

AngelEyes

English - United States
    Thank you AngelEyes.
    The other question is whether "the immediate" amounts to "the instant" and "the momentary."
    Hi Bamboo,

Please give this question of yours its own thread, okay? And be sure to give us specific example sentences with these different words in them.

Thanks. :)

AngelEyes

< Previous | Next >