The high cationicity of the polymers have an affinity

Logos2828

Spanish-Colombia
hi, everyone

I need to know if the following sentence is well written in English. I am translating it from a website, and I see something wrong in it.
For you English natives, is it well written ? and in case of not, which is the error?

"The high cationicity of the polymers have an affinity with keratine thus forming a film on hair and/or skin."

Thanks

• Logos2828

Spanish-Colombia
    @ Bondstreet

This is the original, it is written in English, and I am translating it into Spanish, but I dont get than sentence.

Logos2828

Spanish-Colombia
    @Keith Bradford

Yes, I saw this as an error, but it is written in an important website, so I needed to be sure if it is well written.

So, you would change "have" by "has"?

Glenfarclas

English (American)
    The sentence is badly constructed for the reason Keith identified, and also because (I am 99% sure) it is not the cationicity that has an affinity with keratine, but rather the polymers themselves, due to their cationicity.

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    It is found on a website for a French company. (Keratin is the English word for what they refer to in French as keratine). In my career I worked with many weakly and strongly cationic substances but never once heard the word cationicity. However, an Ngram search finds quite a frequent use in the chemical/polymer academic world (not the one I worked in:D we always referred to a "strong postitive charge"). And Glen is right, however, on what they are trying to say.

< Previous | Next >