the intervention of the camera ― its mobility of vision.

< Previous | Next >

Julianus

Korean
Hello.

1a. But filming plays did not encourage the evolution of what truly was distinctive about a movie: the intervention of the camera ― its mobility of vision. (Korea university entrance exam)

I think that 'the intervention of the camera' gives an additional information about 'what truly was distinctive about a movie', and that 'its mobility of vision' gives an additional information about 'the intervention of the camera'. Then, after all, don't both 'the intervention of the camera' and 'its mobility of vision' give additional information about 'what truly was distinctive about a movie'?

Thank you always~.

• owlman5

English-US
    I agree with you, jullianus. "The intervention of the camera - its mobility of vision" is a phrase that explains what was truly distinctive about a movie. Although "its mobility of vision" was apparently intended to further explain why the intervention of the camera was important, you can certainly say all the information is linked to the phrase "what truly was distinctive about a movie".

I can't say that the reasons behind this question are clear to me, but I found the question interesting.

< Previous | Next >