The kidney stones usually deliver.

< Previous | Next >

Wishfull

Japanese
Hello.
A doctor said to his patient;
I checked your x-ray and found that there are a few kidney stones, which is probably the cause of your left lumbago. As the size is not so large, the kidney stones usually deliver automatically. So you don't have to worry about it. I'll prescribe you pain killer.

The meaning of the bold sentence is "the kidney stones are usually automatically excreted.

Does it make sense?
Thank you.

Last edited:
  • Copyright

American English
    It sounds like docspeak -- that special language of doctors -- to me. Once it's explained, it's understandable... like so many things.

Copyright

American English
    Nunty would certainly know. I was lulled into believing it might be possible because of other medical phrasing that is not normally found in regular speech, such as, "Symptoms of dementia usually present at the start..."

pickarooney

English (Ireland)
    The normal expression is "the kidney stones will pass automatically". 'Deliver' is used exclusively for childbirth as far as I'm aware, but it's understandable, even quite fitting as the pain is said to be on a similar level.

Wishfull

Japanese
    The normal expression is "the kidney stones will pass automatically". 'Deliver' is used exclusively for childbirth as far as I'm aware, but it's understandable, even quite fitting as the pain is said to be on a similar level.
    Oh, thank you, pickarooney.
    "Pass" is exactly the verb which I wanted to know.:)

< Previous | Next >