The line is to take one late left stroke

Stormreaver

Turkish
Hello all,

This is from a documentary about kayaking and someone says:

"In my head I thought I was gonna go perfectly. The line is to take one late left stroke.
For whatever reason I take like two or three strokes while in the air and that pushes my
bow left as I land."

I don't quite understand the usage of "the line" here.
Does it mean "limit" here or is it a term for kayaking and water sports?
Because he also says before "Good line, good line" somewhere in the documentary.
Thank you.

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Please give us some more context. I presume these are river kayakers doing stunts, and not (for example) sea kayakers. Is the person saying the sentences doing an aerial stunt in a rapid? One's "line" in whitewater kayaking is normally the route one takes through a rapid.

Stormreaver

Turkish
    Please give us some more context. I presume these are river kayakers doing stunts, and not (for example) sea kayakers. Is the person saying the sentences doing an aerial stunt in a rapid? One's "line" in whitewater kayaking is normally the route one takes through a rapid.
    Yes, they are white water kayakers and they do stunts in rivers. One of them plans to go along the river, before dropping off a waterfall but fails to do so. He explains what caused it and uses the word "the line". I now understand that he meant "the route". Thank you.

< Previous | Next >