the longest line

benein

Korean
Hi everyone!

I want to know a right expression in the situation below. But I'm having trouble to find out what it is.
Please help me with this.

Situation
You are watching an opera, A. You're leaving for the theater.

You have arrived in the theater.

There are a lot of ticket booths and each ticket booth has people standing in line. You're having difficulty finding the right booth. So you come up to one of security guards and ask "Excuse me, where can I buy a ticket for A?

And the security says "Oh, stand in the longest line."

Even if I want to covey what I'm trying to say into other expression to help you understand, I cannot think of another one.. The bold part is the only expression that I can think of.

So my question is that "Is the longest line the right one?"

• Copyright

American English
    If you're looking for an interpretation, mine is this:
    1. You arrive at the theatre.
    2. The opera you want to see is the most popular one.
    3. So the guard tells you to stand in the longest line, because that's the line to buy the ticket for your opera.

But I have a doubt that this is what you mean. I don't see multiple windows for multiple operas with each window only selling tickets for one opera.

So I think you need to describe why you're choosing longest line. What is its intention? "Longest line" does not have the connotation of the right line in all circumstances.

benein

Korean
    Hi copyright!

It's my mistake.
    I should have added a factor, which is what you have explained in your reply. :eek:
    I should put more attention from now on.

Thank you for pointing out this serious error. :D

Have a good day!

< Previous | Next >