the most glamorous girl in toilets

dhchong

Korean
Hello, guys!
This is from 'Dear Entrepreneur'.

This is the Foreword of the book.

Stories from entrepreneurs such as Kate Castle of BoginaBog (the lady I refer to as the most glamorous girl in toilets!), Richard Reed of Innocent and Mark Rock of Audioboo serve to inspire and inform. They are brought together in an easy to read style and I defy anyone not to pick up a tip or two from these pages.
I wonder what nuance the phrase has in the view point of natives.

Does it give the sense of 'the most glamorous girl only when she is in toilets' or 'the most glamorous girl though when she is in toilets' Or any other sense? Or neutral in feeling so the writer knows that she is glamrous when she is in toilets but he doesn't care how she looks in other place?

• Andygc

British English
    The writer thinks she is glamorous and she runs a company called BoginaBag. (Not "BoginaBog) A "bog" is a slang expression for a toilet in BE. See the company website.

I think she's not bad-looking

Last edited:

Hermione Golightly

British English
    'In' is used colloquially to indicate the business people work in. It is not a physical or literal use so it doesn't mean that this woman only looks glamorous when she is in a bog/toilet/ bathroom.

'My wife works in spacecraft design.'

I must say the remark is unacceptably sexist. Why not crack stupid jokes about a man who's running a company called Innocent.

dhchong

Korean
    Thank you all very much. So it means 'the most glamorous girl in the world of toilet business'!

< Previous | Next >