The <name><topic> of my project is ...

tesoke

USA
Persian
Suppose that I want to inform about the name of my project. What would be a better sentence for this?

1) The name of my project is "Usage of game theory in network security"
2) The topic of my project is "Usage of game theory in network security"
3) My project is named: "Usage of game theory in network security"

Thanks.

• owlman5

English-US
    The name and the topic both contain the same information. For that reason, it is reasonable to believe that you can use any of those sentences to express exactly the same idea. Both "name" and "topic" seem clear and suitable to me in this context.

Cenzontle

English, U.S.
    Looking at the title (!) of this thread, I think the most natural form would be
    The title of my project is "Usage Use of game theory in network security".
    I think "topic" does not belong with a phrase in quotation marks: "The topic of my project is the use of..."
    In #3 there is no need for the colon ( : ).

owlman5

English-US
    Yes. I certainly considered it to be one of the possibilities when I commented that any of those sentences can reasonably be used to express exactly the same idea. All three versions look fine to me. I see no clear advantage in any of them.
    Thanks. What about the third sentence. Is that correct too?

Last edited:

lingobingo

English - England
    I would say it depends on what you mean by “inform”. If that just means telling someone the subject of your project, all you need to say is “My project is on the use of game theory in network security”. Or, if you want to tell them the title of your project, you can say “My project is called The Use of Game Theory in Network Security”.

< Previous | Next >