the Nobel Prize winning...

ufoseeker

France Français
Hello everybody!

Could anyone help me to understand the following sentences?
The context is: the author denounces the fact that many scientists don't want to study the UFO phenomena. Then we can read:
"The Nobel Prize winning scientist who said this was referring to falsifying or inventing evidence, but he would agree that it is also a heinous offense to declare that something does not exist when, in fact, it may."
I can't understand the sense of this "this"...
Does it refer to:
1) the Nobel Prize owner's own works (as a kind of confession)???
2)the global UFO phenomena?
Could it be:
"Un scientifique qui a remporté le prix Nobel a affirmé que tout ceci reposait sur des preuves trafiquées ou inventées, mais il reconnaîtra que c'est également un crime honteux que de déclarer qu'une chose n'existe pas quand son existence est possible"...
Thank you anyone!

• DeLaMancha

Français de France
    Hello everybody!

Could anyone help me to understand the following sentences?
    The context is: the author denounces the fact that many scientists don't want to study the UFO phenomena. Then we can read:
    "The Nobel Prize winning scientist who said this (these words) was referring to falsifying or inventing evidence, but he would agree that it is also a heinous offense to declare that something does not exist when, in fact, it may."
    I can't understand the sense of this "this"...
    Does it refer to:
    1) the Nobel Prize owner's own works (as a kind of confession)???
    2)the global UFO phenomena?
    Could it be:
    "Un scientifique qui a remporté le prix Nobel a affirmé que tout ceci reposait sur des preuves trafiquées ou inventées, mais il reconnaîtra que c'est également un crime honteux que de déclarer qu'une chose n'existe pas quand son existence est possible"...
    Thank you anyone!
    Yes, I think you've got the right meaning of this sentence...

Moon Palace

French
    I believe it refers to the fact that scientists don't want to study these phenomena, he givres the reason: referring to falsifying ... evidence.
    I would suggest: un lauréat du Prix Nobel scientifique, qui a dit que ces études reposent sur..

< Previous | Next >