The obsession becomes one of penetrating the veil

< Previous | Next >

alibey71

Türkçe
"Increasingly, the infrared register of warm bodies against the cooler dark cityscape effectively becomes the city as the increasingly high-tech helicopter cockpit works to progressively exclude the operator’s or pilot’s direct sensory engagement with the areas below. Police helicopter cockpits thus start to mimic the cockpits of military attack helicopters. The obsession becomes one of penetrating the veil of an urban environment deemed to be devious and deceptive as a means of exposing targeted bodies. The reliance on a suite of digital sensors is used to perceive the world on the ground."

I couldn't figure the emphasized sentence out, can you help me? Thanks in advance.

The source: Vertical by Stephen Graham

• Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    Because the police are looking at people (by the very nature of infrared) and not at the entire picture, they become obsessed with the idea that people are targets and the city around them is merely camouflage.

But don't try to find perfect logic in this man's prose -- there isn't any.

alibey71

Türkçe
    Because the police are looking at people (by the very nature of infrared) and not at the entire picture, they become obsessed with the idea that people are targets and the city around them is merely camouflage.

But don't try to find perfect logic in this man's prose -- there isn't any.
    Thank you, Keith, I got it.

< Previous | Next >