The one a bit thin/That one? A bit thin

Michael30000

Russian
Hello everyone,

The manager tells a waiter to serve a man.

- Jim, serve that man.
- The one who is a bit thin?
- Yes.

Is it possible to shorten the second phrase to "The one a bit thin?" or "That one? A bit thin?"?
If not, what is the correct way to shorten the phrase?

Thank you.

• Copyright

American English
    The thin man?

Memory Lane: The Thin Man (film): The Thin Man is a 1934 American Pre-Code comedy-mystery film directed by W. S. Van Dyke and based on the novel of the same name by Dashiell Hammett. The film stars William Powell and Myrna Loy as Nick and Nora Charles; Nick is a hard-drinking, retired private detective, and Nora is a wealthy heiress. Their wire-haired fox terrier Asta is played by canine actor Skippy.

:) ... from Wikipedia.

Michael30000

Russian
    The thin man?

Memory Lane: The Thin Man (film): The Thin Man is a 1934 American Pre-Code comedy-mystery film directed by W. S. Van Dyke and based on the novel of the same name by Dashiell Hammett. The film stars William Powell and Myrna Loy as Nick and Nora Charles; Nick is a hard-drinking, retired private detective, and Nora is a wealthy heiress. Their wire-haired fox terrier Asta is played by canine actor Skippy.

:) ... from Wikipedia.
    Well, I wasn't referring to this movie when asking the question, but I think it'll be interesting to watch.

Copyright

American English
    No, I wasn't referring to it either – it just turned out that the answer to your question was also the title of a movie. :)

< Previous | Next >