the opposite of 'open' hostility

< Previous | Next >
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Renatrix

polski
    And if I changed 'hostility' to someone's 'line of thought'? Can we say 'their open and hidden/concealed lines of thought'?

owlman5

English-US
    I suppose you could talk of "open" and "concealed" lines of thought, Renatrix. It's probably more common to use "subtle" and "obvious" when you are talking about people's thinking, however.

Renatrix

polski
    I suppose you could talk of "open" and "concealed" lines of thought, Renatrix. It's probably more common to use "subtle" and "obvious" when you are talking about people's thinking, however.
    "Subtle" has a positive connotation to me. And I need an adjective (opposite of 'open/obvious') to describe somebody's way of thinking that he/she tries to hide but you can guest it from what he/she is doing, saying, etc.

owlman5

English-US
    How about "deceitful", "sneaky" or "deceptive", Renatrix? You are describing somebody's attempt to hide thoughts that he doesn't want other people to discover.

Andygc

British English
    Since a list of antonyms is no more than a list of synonyms, this thread is out of scope and is closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >