the or not?

Parergon

Italiano, Italia
Is my usage of "the" uncorrect? Moreover, does the whole paragraph sound correct? Thanks.

In the following section, empirical evidences from studies of both perspectives are presented. According to our taxonomy, we intent to underline: a) relations between the paradigms and the evidences; b) the case description, the main research problem and the data sources used.

• irene.acler

Italiano
    Is my usage of "the" uncorrect? Moreover, does the whole paragraph sound correct? Thanks.

In the following section, empirical evidences from studies of both perspectives are presented. According to our taxonomy, we intent to underline: a) the relations between the paradigms and the evidences; b) the case description, the main research problem and the data sources used.

Hi again, Parergon.
    This is my attempt. :) (maybe it's wrong...)

Parergon

Italiano, Italia
    evidence*
    from the studies*
    intend*
    the relations*
    paradigms and evidence*

Otherwise, good!

In the following section, empirical evidence from studies of both perspectives are presented. According to our taxonomy, we intend to underline: a) the relations between paradigms and evidences; b) the case description, the main research problem and the data sources used.

If I understood correctly, now it should be fine. Right?

irene.acler

Italiano
    In the following section, empirical evidence from the studies of both perspectives are presented. According to our taxonomy, we intend to underline: a) the relations between paradigms and evidences; b) the case description, the main research problem and the data sources used.

gaer

US-English
    In the following section, empirical evidence from studies of both perspectives are presented. According to our taxonomy, we intend to underline: a) the relations between paradigms and evidences; b) the case description, the main research problem and the data sources used.

I would recommend "evidence". The plural form sounds very strange to me.

elroy

Moderator: EHL, Arabic, Hebrew, German(-Spanish)
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    One more comment: I disagree with the removal of the articles before "paradigm" and "evidence":

In the following section, empirical evidence from studies of both perspectives is presented. According to our taxonomy, we intend to underline the following: a) the relations between the paradigms and the evidence; b) the case description, the main research problem and the data sources used.

The addition in purple is grammatical. You may not place a colon between a verb and its objects.

Note 1: Since you use "we" in the second sentence, why don't you just say "we present" in the first one?

Note 2: "Studies of both perspectives" means that the object of the studies is two particular perspectives. This may have been what you meant, but you may have meant "studies from both perspectives," which would mean studies of one topic addressed from two different perspectives.