the other information

< Previous | Next >

Julianus

Korean
Hello.

1a. Maybe she has the other information.

Through this sentence, can I guess that there are only two pieces of information? Or just she has a piece of information, while other people may have much information?

Thank you always~.

Last edited:
  • Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    1a. Maybe she has the other information.

Through this sentence, can I guess that there are only two pieces of information? Or just that she has a piece of information [that other people may have much information]?
    Julianus, your sentence is labeled "1a.", but there is no "1b." or "2"; did you forget other sentences? Whether or not there are other sentences, please give us some context: What was said before this? Who is "she"? And I'm sorry, but I don't understand the part of your question I've put in red brackets.

Julianus

Korean
    When 'the other' is used as the pronoun, or an adjective before the countable noun, there are usually two persons or two things. But when 'the other' is used before the uncountable noun, I don't know whether there are two things. And I made this sentence.

Last edited:

lucas-sp

English - Californian
    It's a bit of an odd example. It's not that there are two pieces of information, but that there are two sets of information - one that we have, and one that she has (maybe). So perhaps we have the list of names and the list of dates, but she has the remaining (the other) information, say, the list of locations, the list of prices, and the list of merchandise.

In other words, the uncountable noun works like the plural: "Marco and Janine are here, but where are the other students?" "Other" means "remaining," "that have not yet been numerated."

< Previous | Next >