the perfect wine

< Previous | Next >

Emmanon82

Ukraine;Ukrainian and Russian
Hi everybody. Would you tell me, please, how to say correctly in Hungarian : "The perfect Hungarian wine, please"?

Köszönöm.

• cajzl

Czech
    When ordering something I should use the accusative case:

A tökéletes magyar bort kérem.

And why the definite article? I should say:

Egy tökéletes/kiváló/nagyszerű magyar bort kérek. = Some perfect/excellent/splendid Hungarian wine, please!

barbiegood

Hungary and hungarian
    If it is really about ordering wine, I would say something like "I want your best Hungarian wine."

"A legjobb magyar borukat kérem!"

Emmanon82

Thank you, thank you, folks. I`m really not sure about the article :) , but it`s not about ordering wine. I need help with poetry, just one line, and it`s a situation when somebody proposes you his best wine .

So, what should it sound like?:)

cajzl

Czech
    It changes the situation. So the wine is in nominative and the word "please" has a different meaning (please - kérek/kérem = I ask/beg/pray/demand).

In this case: please - tessék = if you please/here you are

A tökéletes magyar bor, tessék.

I am not sure about the article. So wait for Barbie's suggestion.

barbiegood

Hungary and hungarian
    Hmmm...
    Cajzl is right with the translation.
    My only issue is how natural it sounds. Right now it does not sound like a full sentence. But then again, I don't know what comes before, and what comes after this line.

First of all, I would put the "Please" part in the beginning of the sentence.

If it is formal, I would say something like
    "Parancsoljon, a tökéletes magyar bor."
    Which means, something like "you demanded, so here is the perfect Hungarian wine", but it is really not a demand, only a term we would use.

Or I could say:
    "Tessék. Itt a tökéletes magyar bor..."
    Here you are, the perfect hungarian wine.
    Still it only lives in a dialog situation, because it still does not sound like a full sentence. (I only can explain this in a weird way, but in Hungarian you don't need to have a verb in a sentence, because we assume it, yet it sounds more proper because right now you only acknowledged the existence of the wine.)

"Itt hozom a tökéletes magyar bort. Tessék."
    Here I bring the perfect Hungarian wine. Here you are.. - this sounds really bad in English, but that is the real translation. Mind you, these sentences really all mean the same, which is what you originally requested.

If you could give me some clues about what is said before, or after, I could be more of help.

Emmanon82

You see, my goal is adding an ethnic element to the verses written in my native language( Ukrainian) So the sentence should not be formal , rather poetic.
    The context before the line: the stranger has lost his way. Thirsting, he sees a jug on the road (a mirage) and "a voice from above" is talking to him- here I should use the phrase about this "Hungarian wine".

< Previous | Next >