The Prosaic miniature or the prose miniature

< Previous | Next >

Tigranuhi

Armenian
What's correct?
The prosaic miniature Or the prose miniature?
Is this sentence correct?
The genre of prosaic miniature in Astafyev's creativity

• Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    That is not a sentence. There is no verb.

Tell us something about these miniatures so that we know what you mean. What are they? That will help us answer your question.

Tigranuhi

Armenian
    That is not a sentence. There is no verb.

Tell us something about these miniatures so that we know what you mean. What are they? That will help us answer your question.
    I just want to check which variant of the given is correct.
    The genre of prosaic miniature in Astafyev's creativity.
    Or
    The prose miniature genre in the works of Astafyev.

Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    You have two separate issues. One is whether to put genre before or after PM, and the other is whether the P should be prose or prosaic. A third issue is whether miniature should be miniatures instead. Also, why change between works and creativity? There are just too many options here.

I think "the genre of" probably works best in this case, but you haven't given enough information to help us advise on prose vs prosaic.
    Remember: We know nothing about the subject except what you tell us. So tell us something! What are these miniatures? Are they sculptures? If so, what is prosaic about them? Or are they very short stories, i.e. literally pieces of prose? In that case, what are the characteristic aspects of the genre, other than their length?

Have you written the thesis already and are looking for a title, or are you trying to create a cool-sounding title first, and then write a thesis that fits the title?

Tigranuhi

Armenian
    No, the title was given .The thesis is written in russian.They just asked to translate the title in English. <...>
    [Russian text removed from English Only forum. DonnyB - moderator]

They are short stories.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >