the reception is B.Y.O

kbbylily

france, français
Hello,

What does B.Y.O means?
the context " my husband's sister is getting married for the third time, i'm pretty sure the reception is B.Y.O"
I look in google but nothing came up.
thanks in advance.

• icecreamsoldier

New Zealand English
    Bring Your Own (Booze)

There will be little or no alcohol provided, so those who would like to drink need to bring their own.

floise

U.S.;English
    Kbbylily,

You'd have to google BYOB and you'd find it: the last 'b' standing for 'booze', 'beer', or 'bottle'.

floise

icecreamsoldier

New Zealand English
    I'm surprised it didn't turn up any results, as B.Y.O. by itself is very common. Many restaurants for example advertise themselves as "B.Y.O."
    Perhaps it's something unique to New Zealand...my google searches actually get millions of hits!

kbbylily

france, français
    no, I did it again, the more accurate result I get is " Brew Your Own (BYO), the How-To Homebrew Beer Magazine"
    But I get lots of results with BYOB. But it's not common in france so I'm not surprised.

marcolo

France, french
    I think that if you search something in english, it is better to use google.com.
    You will obtain much more accurate results.
    When I try with google.fr, I have the same problem as kbbylily.
    Often with google.fr, even if you type an english expression, you got french pages or other weird pages ;)

atwa2

France
    Essaye ça: google .co .uk (au pire en bas tu devrais avoir "google est disponible en version anglaise" ou quelque chose dans le genre)

< Previous | Next >