The Roll Over - Sneaky Pete

SR4

Hebrew - Israel
From TV series Sneaky Pete,

Pete is a con man, he and his partner trying to con someone that he's croocked himself.
The con isn't going as planned and the man they are trying to con give them hard time.
So after he's going, Pete's partner says:
"That went well. We didn't have time to prep for a rollover."

It's also the episode's 8 title "The Roll Over".

This is the script of the episode:
http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=387&t=30570

Does anyone has any idea what "Roll Over" mean in this context?

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    I don't think it will be possible to give an answer without knowing the whole story. "to roll [someone] over" in criminal terms means to rob someone but, in later use this was also used to mean to swindle, trick, or deceive someone into giving you (usually) money, i.e. to con them.

"We didn't have time to prep for a rollover." may mean: We didn't have time to prepare for a trick that would con them out of money."

Myridon

English - US
    I've watched this show. There's a lot of language specific to various cons in this show. "The Roll Over" is a step in this particular con. The majority of the native speaking audience also do not understand what this is specifically. Just as there are things in medical shows or science fiction shows that the viewer is just supposed to accept as being what a doctor would say or what an alien would say, the viewer must go along with "this is what a con man would say to another con man and I don't really need to understand it." You don't know how to do heart surgery to watch a medical show. You don't need to understand the parts of the Spanish Prisoner con to watch this show.

Scott AM

English - Canada
    From TV series Sneaky Pete,

Pete is a con man, he and his partner trying to con someone that he's croocked himself.
    The con isn't going as planned and the man they are trying to con give them hard time.
    So after he's going, Pete's partner says:
    "That went well. We didn't have time to prep for a rollover."

It's also the episode's 8 title "The Roll Over".

This is the script of the episode:
    http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=387&t=30570

Does anyone has any idea what "Roll Over" mean in this context?

I have a hunch this might refer to changing the con around. That is, if the con isn't going too well, they might need to "rollover" - swap places, or try another approach? Would that work in the context of the show?

SR4

Hebrew - Israel
    I have a hunch this might refer to changing the con around. That is, if the con isn't going too well, they might need to "rollover" - swap places, or try another approach? Would that work in the context of the show?
    I think so, it's the only logical explanation.
    Thanks everybody for the answers.