The Sound of Music (movie)

< Previous | Next >

ajo fresco

Hello, cinema fans:

My question is about "The Sound of Music," the 1965 movie about the Von Trapp family, starring Julie Andrews.

What is the name of this movie in your language(s)?

Is it a translation of the original English title, or is it known by a completely different name?

• Sardokan1.0

Sardu / Italianu
    Italian dubbers are famous for butchering movie titles inventing new titles that often have little or nothing to do with the movie plot

In this case the Italian title is "Tutti Insieme Appassionatamente" (All together passionately)

Dymn

Spain Spanish: Sonrisas y lágrimas (lit. "smiles and tears")
    Catalan: Somriures i llàgrimes (literal translation from Spanish)

You can take a look at each Wikipedia article by language and you probably will find it.

rayloom

Arabic (Hijazi Arabic)
    In Arabic it was صوت الموسيقى Sawtu 'l-mūsīqa "the sound of music".
    But there was an anime called "Trapp family story" based on the movie, which in Arabic was called لحن الحياة lahn al-hayāt "the melody of life".

jazyk

Brazílie, portugalština
    A Noviça Rebelde (The Rebellious Novice) in Brazil and Música no Coração (Music in the Heart) in Portugal.

ilocas2

Banned
    Czech
    note: I think that this movie is not so famous in Czech Republic as it is in some other countries. (I found the same opinion also in Czech-Slovak movie database.)

and in order to not be deleted for off-topicness, I add translation of Polish title Dźwięki muzyki - Sounds of music

SuperXW

China-Mainland: 音乐之声 ("Sound of Music")
    Hong Kong: 仙樂飄飄處處聞 (a poetic phrase literally means: "the celestial music is floating and is heard everywhere")

< Previous | Next >