''The team of my heart'' Vs ''My heart's team''

< Previous | Next >
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know which of the expressions above sounds natural/common in the contexts below. If they don't, what do you suggest? Please take a look.

a. "Boston Celtics is the team of my heart."

b. "Chelsea is my heart's team.''

My heart's team, the team of my heart definition: the team I love, the team that I have special affection for, my favorite team.

Thank you in advance!

• Thank you for your answer.

By the way, I was searching the Net and found a few occurences in AmE. Maybe, it's possible in AmE.

''Olympiacos, the team of my heart. But since I lived too far from the training grounds the team had at the time, and transportation was an issue.'' - olympiacoschicago.com

''And since this was a post about thank you's as well as other things, let me also thank this site for allowing me to post about the team of my heart.'' - North Carolina

Destruida

English (England)
    If you're going to use one or the other, I'd definitely choose the team of my heart. In fact, it doesn't sound particularly unnatural to me, but that's probably because I've lived for a long time in France and Spain, where it's a common enough expression.

Last edited:

WyomingSue

English--USA
    I cannot imagine saying either.
    The Packers are my favorite team. I am a Packers fan--maybe even a rabid Packers fan. In Wisconsin we bleed green and gold (the team colors).

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    If you're going to use one or the other, I'd definitely choose the team of my heart. In fact, it doesn't sound particularly unnatural to me, but that's probably because I've lived for a long time in France and Spain, where it's a common enough expression.
    Destruida's post indicates to me that the examples were word-for-word translations from Spanish or French. They are not at all natural in English.

Myridon

English - US
    ''Olympiacos, the team of my heart. But since I lived too far from the training grounds the team had at the time, and transportation was an issue.'' - olympiacoschicago.com
    For whatever it's worth, this sentence was written by a man who was born and has lived most of his life in Greece.

< Previous | Next >