The video is out of sync / there's a time lag in the video

kuleshov

Spain Spanish
Sometimes we are watching a video and we can see that it is out of sync. I was just wondering what is the most frequent phrase/sentence/expression people use to refer to this. My guess is that most people would react saying: the sound is out of sync!

I was also wondering if people would use the prhase time lag at all when this happens:
There's a slight time lag in the video, -have you noticed?

So, English speaking people, what would you say should this happen while you're watching a film on TV for example? :confused:

• Copyright

American English
    I would use the "out of sync" expression – it automatically tells you that the video and audio are not in sync, although you don't know which appears first. The expression "time lag" doesn't do that, although I would understand what you meant.

Barque

Tamil
    My guess is that most people would react saying: the sound is out of sync!
    Yes, this sounds likely.
    There's a slight time lag in the video, -have you noticed?
    This means that you can hear the sound before the actual moment in the video when it is made, for example if you hear the words of a character before you see his lips moving. If the other way round, it'd be a time lag in the audio/sound.

Cross-posted.

kuleshov

Spain Spanish
    What if you are a video editor and want to specify: there's a two-second ?????
    A two-second time lag between the sound and the image??
    A two-second lapse between the sound and the image??

Some people use a lip-sync error

< Previous | Next >