The word after حيث

Ibrahim K

English United States
Hi, I just read that the definition of علم النحو is النحو علم بأصول يعرف بها أحوال أواخر الكلم الثلاث من حيث الإعراب والبناء وكيفية التركيب بعضها مع بعض

Here should we pronounce the words after haythu as al-i'raabu wal binaa'u?

• Abbe

Swedish
    Because there is nothing that changes their i´rab. Haythu only affects sentences not words.

Ali Smith

Urdu - Pakistan
    Nonetheless, whenever there is a state (رفع or نصب or جر), there must be an عامل for it. I mean, a word can't be مرفوع for no reason. What is the رافع in النحو علم بأصول يعرف بها أحوال أواخر الكلم الثلاث من حيث الإعرابُ والبناء وكيفية التركيب بعضها مع بعض?

Abbe

Swedish
    You can consider the raf as the original state of all the asma and all the verbs. They won't change to another state unless something forces them to. There are however discussions concerning the awamil of the raf but they all relate to عوامل معنوية such as الابتداء

Ali Smith

Urdu - Pakistan
    I don’t think there is such a thing as an original or default state except with prefix conjugation verbs.

Abbe

Swedish
    I wrote that you can consider it... In your example الإعراب is marfou because it's a mubtada. The عامل is the ibtida (according to some grammarians) and the khabr is omitted. Haythu is mudaf and the jumla ismiya is mudaf ilayhi.

Ali Smith

Urdu - Pakistan
    Thanks. Could it also be that the محذوف is not the خبر but the مبتدأ?
    من حيث هما الإعرابُ والبناءُ

Ali Smith

Urdu - Pakistan
    I remember reading that if an إسم has no عامل, it is مبني. The rule went: المُعْرَب هو المركَّب الذي لم يُشْبِهْ مبنيَ الأصل

If a word is not مركب, it can't be معرَب.

Mahaodeh

Arabic, PA and IA.
    Whether الرفع هو الأصل or not is a matter of debate among grammarians, but this really has no bearing on the speaker.

So to cut the story short, let’s just say that nouns when pronounced outside of a sentence are مرفوعة due to custom - people are just used to that.

It must be noted however that some books don’t give a final حركة in lists and some people just pronounce them ساكن.