the..

< Previous | Next >

muron

peruvian
"it is important that the information professional keep himself up to date.."

en esta oracion quiero saber si el the es correcto de colocarlo o debo de omitirlo, adjunto en original en español

Es importante que el profesional de la información se mantenga actualizado...

• Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    muron said:
    "it is important that the information professional keep himself up to date.."

en esta oracion quiero saber si el the es correcto de colocarlo o debo de omitirlo, adjunto en original en español

Es importante que el profesional de la información se mantenga actualizado...

Just a correction>> It is important that the information professional keeps himself up to date

EDIT > After readin EJ's post this correction does not apply. :eek:

E-J

England, English
    Artrella said:
    Just a correction>> It is important that the information professional keeps himself up to date :)
    In fact, I would keep :) muron's original sentence.

Expressions such as It is important/crucial/essential/recommended that are commonly followed by the subjunctive form. Of course, this only becomes an issue when you're using the third person singular and need to drop the -s.

Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    E-J said:
    In fact, I would keep :) muron's original sentence.

Expressions such as It is important/crucial/essential/recommended that are commonly followed by the subjunctive form. Of course, this only becomes an issue when you're using the third person singular and need to drop the -s.

Yes E-J, you are right... I was taught this, but my teachers used to say you can use it both ways, because generally they don't use the subjunctive, which in fact has been denied by natives here in WR in several threads. So I agree with you. For me it's better to use the subjunctive as you recommended.
    Thank you for your explanation.

< Previous | Next >