There are opportunities to roll on

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Cedric40, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Cedric40 New Member

Burgos - Spain
    French-France
    Hello,

Could someone help me to translate this phrase in Spanish? It's in the minutes of a meeting. Someone has asked about the length of a partnership agreement and part of the answer is:

"The length of the agreement is meant for the long term but will be reviewed on a regular basis. There are opportunities to roll on, this is a strategic partnership that we are confident is a positive move for our company."

My attempt: Existen oportunidades para que las cosas vayan rodando / vayan sobre ruedas / vayan bien

Thank you

2. fenixpollo

fenixpollo moderator

Arizona
    American English
    The meaning is not clear to me. What's the industry, and what country is the speaker from? What kind of opportunities are they referring to?

3. Cedric40 New Member

Burgos - Spain
    French-France
    It's a multinational pharmaceutical company although I don't know which country the person who wrote the minutes is from. The company decided relatively recently to subcontract a third party to promote some of their products in a specific number of coutries and this has probably triggered some concern among the employees.

4. alumnadeseun Senior Member

Castellano de España
    Hola Cedric40

Para mí vayan sobre ruedas / vayan bien suena mas natural que vayan rodando por lo menos en España.

5. Cedric40 New Member

Burgos - Spain
    French-France
    Gracias alumnadeseun. Usaré vayan bien por el estilo formal del documento.

6. Bevj

Bevj Allegra Moderata

Girona, Spain
    English (U.K.)
    Para mí, roll on aquí significa prorrogar, dado que se habla de la duración del acuerdo.

7. Cedric40 New Member

Burgos - Spain
    French-France
    I see what you mean Bevj, I hadn't thought of that. It seems a better idea. Thanks a lot.