There may be others who will just charge your card.

< Previous | Next >

juliebebz

philippines-tagalog
Hola a todos!

How do you say this sentence in spanish?

There may be others who will just charge your credit card.

Thanks in advance.:)

• Eugens

Argentina Spanish
    I think you should ask that kind of questions in the Vocabulary Forum (there you are going to get more answers!:) )
    Hmm... what do you mean by "others who will just charge your credit card"? that they will put money in your credit card account?:confused:

juliebebz

philippines-tagalog
    Hi Eugens:)

Actually before I asked the question I was asking myself where to put this kind of question, since it's not a word or a phrase I decided to post it here. Sorry 'bout this. Anyway 'bout your confusion, the sentence means that there may be other companies or people that when you give out your credit card information to them they will just charged your card without your permission, like for instance you know that you will pay for just a specific price but without you knowing it you've been charged more than what is the actual price. :D

juliebebz said:
    Actually before I asked the question I was asking myself where to put this kind of question, since it's not a word or a phrase I decided to post it here.
    Hi, Julie!
    Eugens is right - this Spanish-English translation belongs in the General Vocabulary section. (In case you haven't noticed, the two sub-forums of Spanish-English has been flipped). :) Anyways, I know a Mod is on his or her way now to help.

Que tal mi amiga? :D

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    juliebebz said:
    How do you say this sentence in spanish?

There may be others who will just charge your credit card.
    Can you explain this sentence a little more? I'm not sure I have it understood correctly.

Here's my initial attempt:
    Pueda ser que haya otras personas quiénes solamente carguen tu tarjeta de crédito.

Eugens

Argentina Spanish
    Maybe it could be said (altough I'm not sure)...
    Puede haber otros que simplemente cargarán tu/su tarjeta de crédito.

juliebebz

philippines-tagalog
    Pedro P. Calvo Morcillo said:
    ¿Qué tal?

Puede que haya quien le engañe cargando en su cuenta un gasto que realmente no haya realizado.
    muy bien pedro!

se un poquito de español...
    gracias por la traduccion!

pls. correct me if i'm wrong ;)

juliebebz

philippines-tagalog
    VenusEnvy said:
    Can you explain this sentence a little more? I'm not sure I have it understood correctly.

Here's my initial attempt:
    Pueda ser que haya otras personas quiénes solamente carguen tu tarjeta de crédito.

hi venus...
    you understood it correctly..
    thanks!!

Eugens

Argentina Spanish
    juliebebz said:
    ¡Muy bien Pedro!

Sé un poquito de español...
    ¡Gracias por la traducción!

pls. correct me if i'm wrong ;)
    You write very well. You have just omitted the accents.;)

mario manejero

only ilokano
    general vocabulary session does not belong in here, specially english-spanish translation, the only topic suited to this conversation is "How do you say this sentence in spanish" hehehehe. julie napingtas na balasang, ay ayaten ka

mandarina_82

Banned
    Spain-Spanish
    I would translate it that way:

"Podria haber otros (personas), quienes estan utilizando (y por tanto cargandole gastos a ) tu tarjeta de credito.

On my mind Pedro's translations gives extra information

Therefore "Podria haber otros, quienes estan utilizando tu tarjeta de credito." ,this one is more precise.

Pedro P. Calvo Morcillo

España, español.
    mandarina_82 said:
    On my mind Pedro's translations gives extra information

Therefore "Podria haber otros, quienes estan utilizando tu tarjeta de credito." ,this one is more precise.
    juliebebz said:

(...) the sentence means that there may be other companies or people that when you give out your credit card information to them they will just charged your card without your permission, like for instance you know that you will pay for just a specific price but without you knowing it you've been charged more than what is the actual price. :D
    That was the reason for my translation, but you are right, it's not so literal...

"Podría haber otros que se limitasen a cargar gastos en su tarjeta de crédito." is another possibility. You must be sure that context prevents su to be misunderstood.

< Previous | Next >