They welcomed me with open arms but ... (pret. & imp)

honey_xo_marie

NYC
English-USA
Where my imperfect and preterite tenses right, and was the translation correct? If not i'd appreciate any revisions or changes. Thanks

They welcomed me with open arms but that night when I spoke to my father on the phone I began to cry. I felt horrible because they didn't know why I was crying, they thought I didn't want to be there but that wasn't true. I cried because when I heard my dad on the phone I could tell that he was upset, we always talked about going to Mexico together, and I wanted to share my experience with him. It still, to this day, breaks my heart that he wasn't there with me.

Me recibieron con los brazos abiertos pero esa noche, cuando hablé con mi papá yo empecé a llorar. Me sentí horible porque ellos no sabían porque yo estaba llorando, pensaron que yo no quería estar allí pero eso no fue cierto. Lloré porque cuando hable con mi papá por telefono yo podia sentir que el estaba triste. Siempre hablamos de viajornos juntos a Mexico y yo quería compartir mi experiencia con el. Sigue, hasta ahora, (breaks my heart that he wasn't there with me)

• SEXTO SENTIDO

SPANISH/ MEXICO
    Where my imperfect and preterite tenses right, and was the translation correct? If not i'd appreciate any revisions or changes. Thanks

They welcomed me with open arms but that night when I spoke to my father on the phone I began to cry. I felt horrible because they didn't know why I was crying, they thought I didn't want to be there but that wasn't true. I cried because when I heard my dad on the phone I could tell that he was upset, we always talked about going to Mexico together, and I wanted to share my experience with him. It still, to this day, breaks my heart that he wasn't there with me.

Me recibieron con los brazos abiertos pero esa noche, cuando hablé con mi papá por telefono yo empecé a llorar. Me sentí horible porque ellos no sabían porque yo estaba llorando, pensaron que yo no quería estar allí pero eso no fue cierto. Lloré porque cuando hable con mi papá por telefono yo podia sentir que el estaba molesto, Siempre hablamos de ir juntos a Mexico y yo quería compartir mi experiencia con el. Esto aun hasta ahora, rompe mi corazon que el no haya estado ahi conmigo (breaks my heart that he wasn't there with me)
    Hi honey_xo_marie I think you are very good .
    I´m sending you my translation .
    Regards

SEXTO SENTIDO

SPANISH/ MEXICO
    He wasn´t = el hubiera or haya or hubiese - you can choose either of them and you´ll be fine .
    upset = molesto
    sad= triste
    going to = ir
    to travel = viajar
    I hope this helps.

< Previous | Next >