things of late

< Previous | Next >
  • audiolaik

Polish
    Sounds like a new question with no context -- I've been around long enough to know a trap when I see it. :D
    Indeed, it might look like a new question, but it's still within the context ("of late" expression.):) Just close your eyes and ignore the ambush.:D

PS The eagle-eyed people are sleeping....:D

Copyright

American English
    Sorry, I misunderstood; I thought you meant the expression "under discussion," rather than the expression we were discussing. :)

I suppose "of late" sounds a tiny bit formal, and I might write it more often than I speak it, but it's not terribly formal. Is that waffley enough?

And moderators only sleep in rotation... someone's always awake. :D

audiolaik

Polish
    Sorry, I misunderstood; I thought you meant the expression "under discussion," rather than the expression we were discussing. :)

I suppose "of late" sounds a tiny bit formal, and I might write it more often than I speak it, but it's not terribly formal. Is that waffley enough?

And moderators only sleep in rotation... someone's always awake. :D
    I, too, should apologise but for not being clear enough. (This hangover is unbearable....:()

As for the mods, I bet they must have put this thread on the back burner. They'll find us. They always do....:D

Audiolaik

Copyright

American English
    No need for apology -- I see that you set your questionable items off with quotation marks. Because many people just blend the "words of concern" into the sentence, I sometimes have to guess and in this case I guessed wrong.

< Previous | Next >