Think, Thinking

chuff

USA
English
Romanian:

I've had trouble with the Romanian translation of "thinking" and "to think", because everytime I've seen it, it is the word for believing, such as

I thought so.
Am asa crezut.

-and-

Do you believe me?
Tu ma credi?

But what would be the word for "I thought of you tonight" or "I'm thinking about it"

• noki

Romanian, Romania
    chuff said:
    Romanian:

I've had trouble with the Romanian translation of "thinking" and "to think", because everytime I've seen it, it is the word for believing, such as

I thought so.
    Aşa am crezut.
    or better:
    Bănuiam eu. (since 'a bănui' and 'a crede' are synonims)

-and-

Do you believe me?
    Tu mă crezi?

But what would be the word for "I thought of you tonight" or "I'm thinking about it"
    "I thought of you tonight" would be "M-am gândit la tine în seara asta" (i made bold the entire form of the tense)

"I'm thinking about it" would be "Mă gândesc la ea/el/aceasta etc."

Reasons for that:
    'a crede' is used for opinions, like the verb 'to think' in the following context: "I think we have to go" (Cred că trebuie să plecăm)

The English verb 'to think' in this context "I'm thought of you tonight" expresses no opinion, so we use 'a gândi'. For further conjugation tips, try an online conjugator, like verbix. For further help, just ask me :)

Hope i was clear enough

By the way: i underlined your mistakes :) (the lack of diacritics counts as mistake too, since some words are spelled the same and it could get confusing :D )

chuff

USA
    English
    Thank you!!

Right, well I can't find correct diacritics. They always show up as ã and don't look right. it has a ~ over it instead of a u.