thinking <unconscionable things>

< Previous | Next >

NewAmerica

Banned
Mandarin
Whose unconscionable things? There seems to be two possibilities to me:

(1) The unconscionable things are the bad plans in the mind of the white Americans, who want to use the bad plans against their fellow Americans.

(2) White Americans are thinking about their fellow Americans' unconscionable/bad things.

Which is correct?

Thanks in advance
If there is a single sentence that characterizes the election, it is this: “He says the things I’m thinking.” That may be what is so terrifying. Who knew that so many tens of millions of white Americans were thinking unconscionable things about their fellow Americans? Who knew that tens of millions of white men felt so emasculated by women and challenged by minorities?

-NEAL GABLER
Source

• VicNicSor

Banned
    Russian
    Apparently, according to the author, the "unconscionable things" in question are only thought by those white Americans who're supporting Trump.

se16teddy

English - England
    Apparently, according to the author, the "unconscionable things" in question are only thought by those white Americans who're supporting Trump.
    Many voters chose to give expression to these particular unconscionable thoughts by voting for Mr Trump. The article does not expressly comment on what unconscionable thoughts might be in the minds of people who did not vote for Mr Trump; we may wish to infer a suggestion that their thoughts are morally impeccable.

VicNicSor

Banned
    Russian
    Many voters chose to give expression to these particular unconscionable thoughts by voting for Mr Trump. The article does not expressly comment on what unconscionable thoughts might be in the minds of people who did not vote for Mr Trump; we may wish to infer a suggestion that their thoughts are morally impeccable.
    But the question was -- "Whose unconscionable things?" I read part of that article. It looks quite panicky, and the author obviously hates Trump very much, and dislikes Republicans in general.

I mean, "unconscionable thoughts might be in the minds of people who did not vote for Mr Trump" are just not considered in the article:)

< Previous | Next >