This dog will blossom with formal obedience training

< Previous | Next >
  • formidably_confused

Canada-English,French
    "This dog will blossom with formal obedience training."

"blossom" in this sentace indicates that the dog gets better.
    ("blossom" dans cet phrase indique que le chien s'améliore.)

"blossom" is also when a flower opens up.
    ("blossom" est aussi quand un fleur fleurit.)

This sentance has the future and the past (Cet phrase a la futur et la passé). The word "will" indicates that he gets better in the future (Le mot "will" indique que il s'améliore dans la futur). The word "former" indicates that he got better in the past (Le mot "former" indique que il s'améliore dans la passé).

Pick one (Choisi un)

The dog will blossom with obedience training. (future/futur)
    The dog blossomed with obedience training. (past/passé)

Sorry if the french is bad! I've been studing french for 5 years and I still make a lot of mistakes! (Désolé si la francais est mal! J'ai étudié francais pour 5 années mais encore je fais beaucoup des fautes!)

~Kayla~

Curmud

U S A American
    formidably_confused said:
    "This dog will blossom with formal obedience training."

"blossom" in this sentace indicates that the dog gets better.
    ("blossom" dans cet phrase indique que le chien s'améliore.)

"blossom" is also when a flower opens up.
    ("blossom" est aussi quand un fleur fleurit.)

This sentance has the future and the past (Cet phrase a la futur et la passé). The word "will" indicates that he gets better in the future (Le mot "will" indique que il s'améliore dans la futur). The word "former" indicates that he got better in the past (Le mot "former" indique que il s'améliore dans la passé).

Pick one (Choisi un)

The dog will blossom with obedience training. (future/futur)
    The dog blossomed with obedience training. (past/passé)

Sorry if the french is bad! I've been studing french for 5 years and I still make a lot of mistakes! (Désolé si la francais est mal! J'ai étudié francais pour 5 années mais encore je fais beaucoup des fautes!)

~Kayla~
    The word is formal rather than former.
    I would say that it means that the dog would improve greatly from his present state with training by an expert (or one who follows accepted procedures or rules). The entire sentence would indicate future tense.

sylber

If you're trying to translate 'blossom', I would suggest : ce chien va s'épanouir...
    which more or less means the dog will come into its own...

Curmud

U S A American
    formidably_confused said:
    Oops! As I said, we all make mistakes.
    Don't we, though. It was necessary to point this one out because of the confusion as to part of the quote being past tense and part being future. I did not mean to be critical of reading formal as former.:thumbsup:

Curmud

U S A American
    As I look back to the original question, Lucie Ferland really only wanted to know what "blossom' meant in this context. That expression meant a bursting out (as a flower bursts into bloom) and can be applied to a dog's instantaneous improvement.

< Previous | Next >