this group's present = actuality of the band?

< Previous | Next >

alatien34

France, French
Hello everybody,

I'm having a difficult time translating a sentence into English. According to someone who wrote on the forum earlier, my sentence in English makes sense but doesn't sound very English and it seems it's not very common to use the word "present" in this context. Why is that so?MY SENTENCE IN ENGLISH:
"With a debut album to be released soon
, this group's *present* is being written out on the stages of France and further afield. "

=> Would it be better to say "actuality" or change the sentence completely?

ORIGINAL SENTENCE:
"Avec un premier opus prévu dans un futur proche, le présent de ce groupe s'écrit sur les scènes de l'hexagone et d'ailleurs…"

Thanks you in advance for your help and don't hesitate to ask for my help!

• Broff

French
    With a debut album soon to be released, this group 'here and now' is lived out on the stages, in France and elsewhere. It is not a literal translation but I think it may fit the context.

harrythelm

USA English
    The group's first album is to be released in a little while. Right now, they are making themselves known through live performances in France and elsewhere.

C'est moins percutant. Ça ne reprend pas le jeu futur/présent ; mais ça coule bien.

alatien34

France, French
    Hello again,

Your sentences seem to really hit the spot. It helps me a lot! Thanks! :D I was wondering though, whether "here and now" was to be used in reverted comas or if it was just a way to show me what the correction was... (?)

Thank you again for your help! It means a lot to me!

Take care...! Bye,

Alatien34.

< Previous | Next >