This phenomenon, which by Western concepts ... , can be seen [clause?]

Missjiang1001

Chinese
This phenomenon, which by Western traditional concepts, could only form the physical foundation of music and would hardly be considered as part of the actual creative field, can be seen as an elementary model in the compositional work of CHEN.

Please tell me the whole structure of the "which by"clause and other clause(if there is exsited).
And the whole sentence structure.
Thanks a lot!!

• wind-sky-wind

Japanese
    The main clause is "This phenomenon can be seen ..."

The relative clause led by "which" is "which (by ...) could only form ... and would hardly be ..."

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    We ask people to name the source of every quotation.

This sentence can be found in the article "Xaioyong Chen"on the website of the Sikorski Music Publishers:
    A link is available: Werkverzeichnis (PDF) - Sikorski

I agree with wind-sky-wind's analysis of the structure on the sentence.

(I would not have placed a comma before 'could': [concepts could only] but it is in original, which has been copied accurately.)

Missjiang1001

Chinese
    Yes right. It is really quoted from this document. And I think it is somewhat irregular to the order of words . Thanks for your careful!

We ask people to name the source of every quotation.

This sentence can be found in the article "Xaioyong Chen"on the website of the Sikorski Music Publishers:
    A link is available: Werkverzeichnis (PDF) - Sikorski

I agree with wind-sky-wind's analysis of the structure on the sentence.

(I would not have placed a comma before 'could': [concepts could only] but it is in original, which has been copied accurately.)

< Previous | Next >