This principle is the preventive analogue of the explicit principle

NewAmerica

Mandarin
Does "This principle is the preventive analogue of the explicit principle" mean "This tacit principle is the preventive counterpart of the explicit principle"?

Thanks in advance

Why Causation Need not Follow From Statistical Association: Boundary Conditions for the Evaluation of Generative and Preventive Causal Powers

In experimental design, a tacit principle is that to test whether a candidate cause c (i.e., a manipulation) prevents an effect e, e must occur at least some of the time without the introduction of c. This principle is the preventive analogue of the explicit principle of avoiding a ceiling effect in tests of whether c produces e. Psychological models of causal inference that adopt either the covariation approach or the power approach, among their other problems, fail to explain these principles. <.............>

-Psychology Science

Source

• bennymix

Does "This principle is the preventive analogue of the explicit principle" mean "This tacit principle is the preventive counterpart of the explicit principle"?

Yes.

This is a common transition in English sentences. My mother is sick; this person is the one I was counting on to drive us on the family vacation.

< Previous | Next >