This site can't be reached [ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT]

• Thread starter I Really Need Help
  • Start date
I

I Really Need Help

My internet works fine for pretty much every website, but when I try to go to English to French, Italian, German & Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com from either Internet Explorer or Chrome I get "This site can't be reached" and "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT". Is this a problem with the network or website? Sometimes the website will start working and then it stops. I have tried other networks, but it still won't work.

• mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    Hello, your internet probably goes through Amazon Web Services. We block them because traffic from there is mostly bots. But if the site partially loads, it is something else. Whatever the case, talk to your IT people. They probably can figure it out.

Mario Rossi

Italian
    Hello
    I work in a big insurance company in Italy, but our network traffic goes through AWS VPN, sites in UK
    We can't reach "wordreference.com" website. Of course outside Vpn the site is correctly reachable.
    could you please help us?
    also you can give to us a internal reference , who can help us?

Thanks
    Regards

Mario Rossi

Italian
    That is correct. We block traffic from AWS. It is mostly bots stealing content. I suggest that you route your traffic to us through a non-AWS proxy.
    Do we have any way to unblock this traffic from AWS?
    Can you send me the email of an internal contact person to ask for more support?

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    Do we have any way to unblock this traffic from AWS?
    Can you send me the email of an internal contact person to ask for more support?
    Hi, I am the person in charge of this, and, no, we will not unblock AWS traffic. It is unfortunate that your company decided to route all their traffic through the greatest source of problems for us. Use a proxy as I suggested before.