Though I might not be for much longer

< Previous | Next >

Yuuichi Tam

Japanese
A man was held by a madman.

"Though I might not be for much longer, if you don't get out of my way. I have an order of biscuit that has to be finished and on board ship by tomorrow."

This is from a book "Fire in the Dark". What's the meaning of "Though I might not be for much longer"?

Last edited:
  • dojibear

English - US
    "Thomas Farriner, the King's Baker. Supplier of bread and biscuit to His Majesty's Navy, if you please," snapped Thomas.

"Though I might not be for much longer, if you don't get out of my way. I have an order of biscuit that has to be finished and on board ship by tomorrow."

Here the second quote continues the first quote. So he is saying:

I am the King's Baker, though I mignt not be (the King's Baker) for much longer, if you prevent me from delivering these biscuits.

kentix

English - U.S.
    The madman is preventing him from doing his work. If he doesn't finish the order on time, he might be fired from his role as supplier to the Navy.

[Cross-posted]

Yuuichi Tam

Japanese
    "Thomas Farriner, the King's Baker. Supplier of bread and biscuit to His Majesty's Navy, if you please," snapped Thomas.

Here the second quote continues the first quote. So he is saying:

I am the King's Baker, though I mignt not be (the King's Baker) for much longer, if you prevent me from delivering these biscuits.
    Thank you for your answer and quote. I got it. Questioners don't be allowed to post a long quote.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >